Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In the Beginning...

I am Jessica, a 30 year old stay-at-home mommy to 3 awesome little girls! The youngest will be a year old in a few days.  I have always been successful at getting my before baby body mostly back in a reasonable time after each child, but this time, I want more.  I want to pack some hard muscle onto my slim frame & I want to see my abs again!  I am starting this journey at 130 lbs and I am 5' 9 1/2".  I couple weeks ago I downloaded a great book onto my IPad (Happy Birthday to me!) called The New Rules of Lifting For Women: Lift Like a Man Look Like a Goddess.  I read it in ONE day!  I thought I knew a good deal about weightlifting, after all, I have been lifting weights, working out, running and just being physical for almost the last 20 years.  I learned a lot and felt inspired to start this journey.  The book contains about a 6 month fitness plan along with the nutrition plan.  At first, I figured that I would try to strictly follow the nutrition plan, but quickly realized that it isn't realistic to cook special meals just for me when I have a whole family to feed.  Therefore, I have decided to stick with the basic outline of the plan & then add in extra because I am still breastfeeding & I am definitely not trying to lose any weight. So here I am, feeling inspired & hoping that I can inspire someone else to get off their butt & go lift some iron!

No comments:

Post a Comment