Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Gym

How does a stay-at-home mom of 3 small children & a husband who works long hours get to the gym? I have no idea! We are very fortunate to have a very nice home gym. It is actually a separate 1000 sq. ft. building on our property. In fact, one of the reasons we bought the house that we did is because it has a nice extra building. We have been buying gym equipment for quite a few years now & have what I consider to be a pretty nice free weight gym. We have Precor Icarian benches & preacher bench, 8-100 lbs dumb bells, squat rack with pull-up bar, leg press/hacksquat & plenty of weight! The only thing that I really would like to have is a cable crossover machine. We just haven't found one at a reasonable price yet. Having a gym at home is one of the best things that we have done for ourselves. There is no excuse for me to not workout. I don't have to waste time getting the kids ready, which can take up to an hour some days. I don't have to pay for child care at the gym, or for a membership for that matter. We spend quality time as a family playing, dancing & running around in the gym. Most importantly, I believe that we are setting a good example for our kids because they see us working out & living a healthy lifestyle.  I am sure we will be adding more in the future, but here it is for now:


1 comment:

  1. What a great space for you and your family! I will like following your journey and hope it inspires my own.

    ReplyDelete