Sunday, January 15, 2012

Diet challenges

I have been at this program for about 6 weeks now & my biggest struggle is my diet. I have a really hard time eating all of the calories that I need to. I need to be eating 2200 calories on a rest day & 2500 calories on a workout day. The percentages i am using are 30%fat, 30% protein & 40% carbs. I have been supplementing with Cytogainer for extra calories and protein which is definitely helping. I am also using an iPad app to track all my calories and am trying not to be obsessed with it. The problem is that I have programmed myself in the past to always be cutting calories! I feel like I am over eating at 2200 calories. I have to keep reminding myself that if I don't eat as much as I need to then my muscles just aren't going to grow. I haven't lost any weight, so I am doing good, but I am tired all the time. Though, I might credit that to my 1 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment